Monday, January 21, 2008

Take Time

Every New Year I think to myself...
"How should I use the time God gives me this year? Where
should I invest my time, energy, talents?" Although,
through the years, I've learned to practice this process
of evaluating seasonally to keep life in a better balance.
As a woman, wife, mother, friend, volunteer...I know you
can relate to all the hats we wear...each season has new
things to pray about, reconsider, add or delete. The time
I need for refreshment, growth,and to simply enjoy life's
journey doesn't just happen...if I don't plan ahead, the
schedule fills up quickly and there is no time left breathing.
I don't believe that when God promised us an abundant life*
he was referring to an overloaded, frantic, do everything
so you don't miss out on anything pace which inevitably
leaves us stressed, irritated, angry, discontent, joyless
and wanting in not only our relationships but also our inmost
being. That kind of pace is not worth the price we pay.
Here is a simple list of things to take time for this year...

TAKE TIME...To Breathe...To Laugh...To Pursue my Dreams and
encourage others to pursue theirs...To Greet each new day
with Open Arms and Open Heart...To Enjoy a moment with a Friend..
To Slowdown (see life up close not as a blurr)...To be Thankful...
To Reflect on the Beauty around me (a smile, a hug,
a fresh snowfall,an unexpected kindness shown to me)...
To make the world a Better Place for having been here...
To Invest in the Lives of others...
To be Generous with my smile...To Think more Kindly of others.

All the things I take time for reflect my heart towards God and
my heart towards others. My deepest desire when I get to the end
of this year is to have grown in these two areas.

Remember - If you are willing to take time to refresh yourself
and refresh others your days will be well spent.

Wishing you Joy in your Journey! Eva

*Bible Reference - John 10:10
"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy;
I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."

3 comments:

Laney said...

Hi Eva!
Thanks for the post on my blog! I do remember you, and your children. Livvy talks about them a lot. :-) If you have specific question about blogging for me, you can contact me at:
pdduran@liberty.edu. If you don't mind, please don't publish this post because my email is on it. :-) I would be glad to help you add some fun stuff to your blog! Isn't blogging fun?? Keep up the good work!
Phylicia

Christine said...

Thanks for the sweet comment on the blog yesterday. I'm glad you're exploring writing & growing in creativity that way-way to try new things!

michael murder said...

Hey Eva - I was just thinking about you and Luke. Was listening (unwisely) to an old guitar tune that made me remember our wandering days. I thought I'd never stop my wandering - but it's been pretty settled for a while now. I hope you all are well. I'm in Colorado, and I miss you.

Mike Lamp